Facebook Marketing Tips
Facebook has had its ups and downs when it comes to marketing.
It was the first social media platform to launch ads, and it has since become a benchmark for how other social sites run their ad algorithms.
Of course, it hasn’t been without its controversies.
The founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, recently announced plans to reduce the impact of ads on user news feeds.
It’s a move that many see as a hit to advertisers and marketers alike.
But don’t worry quite yet. Even with algorithm changes, Facebook is still a powerhouse for growing your social reach.
Why Facebook is still a powerful marketing tool
If you compare it to every other social platform out there, Facebook is still the biggest.
It now has over 2 billion monthly active users and over 1 billion daily active users. And they grew to this size within the span of 13 years.
Let’s put these figures into context. According to TechCrunch, no other platform has reached this many monthly active users:
- YouTube has 1.5 billion monthly active users.
- WeChat has 889 million monthly active users.
- Instagram has 700 million monthly active users.
- Twitter has 328 million monthly active users.
- Snapchat has an estimated 255 million monthly active users.
Though YouTube and Instagram are putting in the effort, Facebook remains on top.
And 93% of marketers admit to using Facebook advertising regularly. That represents roughly 3 million businesses that use Facebook strictly for marketing purposes.
But despite Facebook’s widespread use, marketers are worried about the recent algorithm changes.
1. Choose the right category for your business page
2. Get a vanity URL
3. Choose your CTA button
4. Use custom Facebook tabs
5. Follow the “70-20-10” rule
6. Clean up your posts
7. Share user-generated content
8. Post videos (especially live videos)
9. Use Facebook Page Insights to analyze content
10. Test your timing (based on Facebook Insights)
11. Use Audience Insights to analyze user behavior
12. Promote your page with Facebook Ads
13. Target specific audiences to boost ad reach
14. Promote your page outside of Facebook
15. Partner with influencers
Despite the recent changes to Facebook’s advertising and algorithm, it can be a great marketing tool for most businesses.
The key to success is to focus on a combination of organic reach and paid ads. At the same time, take advantage of influencer marketing.
Having a multifaceted approach will improve your engagement over time.
The most important things to remember about posting on Facebook is that you need to optimize.
Optimize your Facebook business page, optimize your photos, optimize your links, and optimize your videos. Optimize everything.
Don’t just post for the sake of posting.
Make sure that the content that you produce on Facebook actually matters, and you’ll see results.
Reference link: Neil Patel’s Blog – facebook marketing tips
February 4, 2016
March 7, 2018