Google Analytics Tips
Google Analytics is a powerhouse of data.
Any marketer using Google Analytics is rich in data.
But knowing how to navigate its complex platform to put that data to actionable use is another story.
Analytics has hundreds of different reports ready to access, and thousands more that require a little tweaking.
To unlock actionable data that you can use to boost sales, you need to look past the basic vanity metric reports.
Past the typical data that Analytics wants to give you.
1. Don’t dilly-dally: have specific reasons to check analytics
2. Get emailed versions of your top reports
3. Discover your real conversion rate
4. Utilize on-site search queries
5. Become a power user with keyboard shortcuts
6. See how leads become sales
7. Analyze sales between mobile and desktop
8. Analyze site speed to improve it
9. Custom dashboards
10. Run attribution reports
11. Supplement attribution with multi-channel funnel reporting
12. Run assisted conversion reports for more specificity
13. Reverse engineer your sales
14. Compare new vs. returning users to see what you should focus on
15. Use affinity categories to understand your customers better
16. Exclude internal traffic
17. How many times does it take for a person to convert
18. Visualize your funnel
19. Analyze your current traffic and double-down on it
20. Connect AdWords and Analytics
21. Use real-time reporting to see actual user behavior
Analytics is a wealth of data. But sometimes, it’s overwhelming.
Follow these 21 actionable Google Analytics tips to help you make smarter, informed, data-driven decisions that can boost your sales through the roof.
March 14, 2018
February 4, 2016